Theatre Makers is distributing this casting notice to established and aspiring actors, as well as crew.
Play: You Too by Iryna Lymar and Stardust Doherty
Synopsis: You Too is a new play that explores the theme of mistreatment of women and others in contemporary society within families, the workplace, the media, and the populace at large. You Too tells the story of a female U.S. Congressional candidate running against a Hollywood director accused of harassment of women. Family members of ordinary people get involved in the storm of events fueled and manipulated by the media. The plot twists and turns as the suspense builds to an inevitable climax.
Director: Iryna Lymar
- Harvey Cosby, a male U.S. Senate candidate who was a Hollywood director
- Father Ford, a tyrannical narcissistic father
Stage Manager, Sound and Light Manager, Techs (Painters, Builders, Makers, Driver, Stage Hands), Prop Master, Wardrobe Master, Marketer/Social Media Maven, Fundraiser, Sign Language Interpreters (ASL), Videographer, Artists/Graphic Designers
Compensation: Possibly a share of ticket sales and funraiser funds. (We would love to pay artists living wages, but we are an entirely unpaid company, unless we receive grants or other contributions… we are all working for social justice!)
Performances: at least three, two at the Fremont Community Center and one fundraiser in San Francisco.
- 7pm – 9pm on Friday, November 8, 2019 (San Francisco)
- 7pm – 9pm on Saturday, November 9, 2019 (Fremont)
- 4pm – 6pm on Sunday, November 10, 2019 (Fremont)
Additional performances possible at other venues, depending on audience demand.
Rehearsals: to be finalized with input from cast and crew, probably twice weekly from September 8 to October 13 and three times weekly from October 14 to November 5, 2019
- 6:30pm-9:30pm Mondays in San Francisco
- 3:00pm-7pm Sundays in Fremont
- 6:30-9:30pm Fridays (October 18, October 25, November 1)
Auditions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with name, experience, preferred role (give us your first and second choice) and availability for performances and rehearsals in order to receive script excerpts. You will have 30 minutes for the audition.
- 5:30pm-7:30pm on Tuesday, September 9, at SF Main Library, Stong Meeting Room (1st floor), 100 Larkin St, San Francisco, 94102
- 10:00am-1:00pm on Saturday, September 14, at SF Main Library, Fulton Meeting Room (3rd floor), 100 Larkin St, San Francisco, 94102
Company: Theatre Makers provides a common ground for those interested in dramatic and musical theatre, professional and amateur theater, commercial and non-profit theatre, including non-traditional theatrical events (performance art, pop-up theater, home theater, street theater, puppet shows, etc.) with activities including, for example:
- Discussions of all aspects of theatre creation and production
- Exchanging information on opportunities available
- Collaboration on incubating audience participatory plays and musicals based on social, political, economic, and environmental change (SPEEC) themes
- Workshops of plays and musicals under development
- Readings and staged readings of plays and musicals for educational and motivational purposes
This group particularly fosters events that are inclusive and affirming of people based on class, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, age and other identities.
Company Website: ritualart.org/theatremakers
Community Partners: the You Too play will be produced in cooperation with two local Fremont non-profit organizations whose missions align with the message of the play.
Please share this casting notice with anyone who might be interested.
For updates: http://ritualart.org/wordpress/?p=1263