Here is the schedule of rehearsals and performances for the plays we Theatre Makers are presenting at the alternative climate summit in San Francisco in September (other meetings shown below):
- [done] Sunday, August 19: Rehearsal – 6pm start, 9pm end
- [done] Tuesday, August 21: Rehearsal – 7pm start, 10pm end
- [done] Saturday, August 25: Rehearsal – 2pm start, 5pm end (Anna excused)
- [done] Sunday, August 26: Rehearsal – 3pm start, 6pm end (Anna excused)
- [done] Tuesday, August 28: Rehearsal – 7pm start, 10pm end (Nadeem excused)
- [done] Saturday, September 1: Rehearsal in Pop-Up Theatre – 3pm start, 6pm end (Anna and Nadeem excused)
- [done] Sunday, September 2: Rehearsal in Pop-Up Theatre – 3pm start, 6pm end (Anna and Nadeem excused)
- [done] Tuesday, September 4: Rehearsal – 7pm start, 10pm end (Nadeem excused)
- [done] Wednesday, September 5: Dress Rehearsal – 4pm start, 7pm end
- [done] Friday, September 7: Final Dress Rehearsal – 7pm start, 10pm end
- [done] Saturday, September 8: Performances – 8am call, 10am start, 11am end, 1pm start (and loop and move until event ends as late as 6pm)
- [done] Sunday, September 9: Performance – 6pm call, 7pm start
- [done] Tuesday, September 11: Fundraiser Performance, 7pm call, 8pm start
San Francisco locations announced after you RSVP with your phone number and/or email address. Vegan food will be provided for the performers and crew at all rehearsals and performances. Please do not bring meat or pets to rehearsals and be prepared to remove your shoes on entry.
Other related meetings:
- [done] Sunday, August 12: Painting Party – 9am start, 4pm end
- [done] Thursday, August 23: Painting Party – 1pm start, 5pm end
- [done] Friday, August 24: Social Event – 5:30pm start, 7:30pm end
- [done] Wednesday, August 29: Painting Party – 11am start, 4:30pm end
- [done] Friday, August 31: Painting Party – 12pm start, 6pm end
- [done] Saturday, September 1: Props & Costume Party – 10am start, 1pm end
- [done] Monday, September 3: Props & Costume Party – 10am start, 4pm end
- [done] Wednesday, September 5: Painting Party – 10am start, 4:00pm end
The Theatre Makers collective is seeking an artist (or artists) who want(s) to create a few theatre backdrops for the production of a short play called “Animal Factory Farm”. We are presenting the play as part of the alternative climate summit in San Francisco from September 8 to 14.
The backdrops involve a factory farm, an underwater scene, and a tropical forest.
(Another artist named Sam may need assistance designing backdrops for our “Ecopocalype” play and we need another artist for a play tentatively named “The New Normal” about desertification/drought/wildfires and sea-level rise/flooding/storms.)
We have the paint for tracing and painting the backdrops on muslin.
We are seeking an artist (or artists) who are comfortable with creating images, then helping to trace the images onto the large backdrops and paint them. We have other volunteers to help with the tracing and painting process.
The backdrops must be drafted quite soon (the next few days!) and completed in time for the painting party on Sunday, August 12.
It would be great if the artist (or artists) could join the painting party for all or most of that day.
Please email us if you are interested.
The Theatre Makers collective is seeking experienced or newbie actors eager to act in three new short plays which will premiere at the alternative climate summit in San Francisco on September 8, 2018.
The plays are “Ecopocalype” (a dystopian climate future punctuated by conflicts between the 1% and the 99%), “Animal Factory Farm” (a fable that explores the true-life impacts of animal consumption), and an as-yet-untitled play about desertification / drought and sea-level rise / flooding.
We will present the plays using our new pop-up portable theatre.
Main actors will need to be available for rehearsals through the end of August and the first week of September. Supporting actors, who will help with audience participation, gags, etc., will be able to participate with only a one or two rehearsal and performance commitment.
Please email us if you are interested.
Ritual Art Troupe is seeking volunteers in San Francisco, California, Portland, Oregon, and just about anywhere for some types of volunteering. Email us to let us know you want to volunteer. (You can also donate funds or donate food, materials, or equipment.)
San Francisco Volunteer Opportunities
For Theatre Makers project:
- Set designers
- Costume designers
- Prop makers
- Sound engineers
- Lighting designers
- Stage managers
- Stage hands
- Transport and logistics
- Video designers / videographers / photographers
- Casting directors
- Poets, Musicians, Composers, and Conductors
- Dancers and Choreographers
- Program design, layout, and printing
Portland Volunteer Opportunities
Anywhere Volunteer Opportunities
- Fundraiser to research, write, and follow up on grant requests to foundations and other groups
- Blogger to update website with the latest news