Ecopocalypse is a dystopian play in which corporations and the wealthy continue the pursuit of profit at the expense of the environment.
A Theatre Makers project called the People’s Pop-Up Climate Justice Theatre premiered Ecopocalypse and another play called Animal Factory Farm with several San Francisco performances as part of the global Rise for Climate events during September 2018.
The first four performances of Ecopocalypse had the following cast:
- Julia(n) Butterfly Abbey….Ben Perlman
- Rajendra Shiva….David-Henry Bennett
- Barron Pruitt….Nadeem Anjum
- Ivanka Koch….Khadijah “Katie” Ford Garvin
- Bodyguard….Matt Hoe
- Air Vendor….Iryna Lymar
- Protestors….Matt Hoe, Alexander Milbert, Stardust
- Counter-Protestors….The Audience!
The People’s Pop-Up Climate Justice Theatre was created by Theatre Makers. Theatre Makers is a project of the Ritual Art Troupe, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our Thanks to…
- Playwrights: Iryna Lymar and Stardust (thanks to Playwrights Circle critiques)
- Sets: Spiraleena, Julie Neva, Meg Duff, Matthew Hoe, Lisa R. Prochello, Joaquín Sandoval, Stardust
- Props and Costumes: Khadijah “Katie” Ford Garvin, Ben Perlman, Larry Ackerman, Michelle Tang, Cayenne, Rickster, Keith Hennessy, Mrs. Clear Plastic, Iryna Lymar, Stardust
- Sound: Stardust, Andrew Chin
- Logistics: Julien Jourdan
- Videography/Editing: Peter Menchini
- Funding: Audience Donations, Brad Rubenstein, Stardust
- In-Kind Donations: Arizmendi Bakery, Stardust
“Exposé” excerpt music for titles Copyright ©2018 by Stardust Doherty and Bernhard Ruchti.
“Quartet No. 1 for FOCH” excerpt music for end credits Copyright ©2018 by Stardust Doherty.
“Ecopocalypse” Play Copyright ©2018 by Iryna Lymar and Stardust Doherty.