Here is the schedule of rehearsals, performances, and other meetings for the plays we Theatre Makers are presenting at the alternative climate summit in San Francisco in September:
- Saturday, August 18: Props Party – 10am start, 1pm end
- Sunday, August 19: Costume Party – 10am start, 1pm end
- Sunday, August 19: Rehearsal – 6pm start, 9pm end
- Tuesday, August 21: Rehearsal – 7pm start, 10pm end
- Friday, August 24: Social Event – 5:30pm start, 7:30pm end
- Saturday, August 25: Props Party – 10am start, 1pm end
- Sunday, August 26: Costume Party – 12pm start, 3pm end
- Sunday, August 26: Rehearsal – 3pm start, 6pm end
- Tuesday, August 28: Rehearsal – 7pm start, 10pm end
- Saturday, September 1: Props & Costume Party – 10am start, 1pm end
- Sunday, September 2: Rehearsal in Pop-Up Theatre – 3pm start, 6pm end
- Tuesday, September 4: Rehearsal – 7pm start, 10pm end
- Saturday, September 8: Performances – 8am call, 10am start, 11am end, 1pm start (and loop until event ends)
- Through September 15: Possible additional performances TBA
Specific locations in San Francisco will be announced soon. Vegan food will be provided for the performers and crew at all rehearsals and performances.
The Theatre Makers collective is seeking an artist (or artists) who want(s) to create a few theatre backdrops for the production of a short play called “Animal Factory Farm”. We are presenting the play as part of the alternative climate summit in San Francisco from September 8 to 14.
The backdrops involve a factory farm, an underwater scene, and a tropical forest.
(Another artist named Sam may need assistance designing backdrops for our “Ecopocalype” play and we need another artist for a play tentatively named “The New Normal” about desertification/drought/wildfires and sea-level rise/flooding/storms.)
We have the paint for tracing and painting the backdrops on muslin.
We are seeking an artist (or artists) who are comfortable with creating images, then helping to trace the images onto the large backdrops and paint them. We have other volunteers to help with the tracing and painting process.
The backdrops must be drafted quite soon (the next few days!) and completed in time for the painting party on Sunday, August 12.
It would be great if the artist (or artists) could join the painting party for all or most of that day.
Please email us if you are interested.