Please support community-based revolutionary theatre and include Ritual Art Troupe and the Theatre Makers project in your giving this season!
Summary: Donate to our “20/20 Play Library Tour” crowdfundraiser We reached our initial goal for January 1, 2020. Now, we are trying to raise funds for the actors’ and stage manager expenses by the end of February 2020.
Ritual Art Troupe has accomplished a lot recently– you may have experienced some of our shows!
- You Too: a play about the #metoo movement with 3 performances in Fremont and Oakland in partnership with local domestic violence prevention nonprofits Narika and SAVE (November 2019)
- 20/20: a play speculating about the re-election of the President where the audience chooses from eight scenarios to complete the action with 4 performances (with a Sold-Out Opening Night award) at the San Francisco Fringe Festival (September 2019)
- Animal Factory Farm and Ecopocalypse: plays addressing climate change in 4 performances as part of the global Rise for Climate in San Francisco (September 2018)
- Regular Playwrights Circle meetings where playwrights share new work and receive constructive criticism (SF Bay Area)
- Theatre Makers Mixers where everyone who co-creates theatre is welcome to come socialize (SF Bay Area)
- Orchestra of the Moon and Rag on a Stick Puppet Theatre performances (Portland, OR)
Ritual Art Troupe has beautiful plans for the upcoming year:
The Theatre Makers Project provides common ground for diverse communities to collaborate on, incubate, and stage both newly created and historically relevant audience-participatory plays based on social, political, economic, and environmental change (SPEEC) themes. Theatre Makers is a project of the nonprofit Ritual Art Troupe, fostering and developing inclusive, participatory, and community-based arts.
Please donate to our “20/20 Play Library Tour” crowdfundraiser !
Or if you prefer, you can donate with a check or to other projects of the Ritual Art Troupe.
Theatre Makers Co-Founder
Ritual Art Troupe
To donate food, materials, or equipment to the Ritual Art Troupe, please email us. (You can also donate funds or donate scripts or volunteer.)
We are actively seeking donations of the following:
- Venue: free or low-cost performance locations open to the public
- Portable sound equipment: Countryman B3 Omni Lavalier Mic, Standard Sens, with 3.5mm Locking Connector for Sennheiser Wireless Transmitters, EW Series (quantity 3, assortment of beige, cocoa, and tan colors), Sennheiser EW 100 G4 Lavalier Wireless System with Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone (quantity 3), Kopul M3010 XLR M to XLR F Microphone Cable – 10′,3.0 m, Black (quantity 3), FocusRite 2I2 laptop input interface (quantity 1), Anchor Audio LIB2-COMP Liberty 2 Passive Companion Speaker (quantity 1), Kopul Studio Elite 4000 Series XLR M to XLR F Microphone Cable – 50′, 15.2 m, Black (quantity 1), Hosa Technology SKT-250 Speakon to Speakon Speaker Cable, 12 Gauge, 50′, (quantity 1), Anchor Audio SS-550 Heavy-Duty speaker stand (quantity 1), Auray SB-52SSB speaker stand bag (quantity 1), Anchor Audio SOFT-LIB rolling case (quantity 1), monitor speakers (2 small), Goal Zero Yeti 400 rechargeable battery (quantity 1), canned air bottles (to clean/dry mics)
- Portable lighting equipment: rechargeable LED spotlights
- Healthy vegan food and drinks for rehearsals and performances
- Muslin fabric rolls (Unbleached Wide Permanent Press Muslin preferred, like Roc-lon Style #5114) for set backdrops and costume design
- Large portfolio to carry flat props
- Curtain fabrics (for the portable theatre and home theatre, especially black velvet and scrim)
- Costumes (ask about current productions)
Currently, here are the ways to donate funds to the Ritual Art Troupe (you can also volunteer time or donate venue, food, materials or equipment or donate scripts):
- By check:
The best way to donate to the Ritual Art Troupe (no fees) is to write a check to “Ritual Art Troupe” and mail it to:
Ritual Art Troupe
304 Winfield Street
San Francisco, CA 94110-5512
- By credit card:
You can donate using a credit card on GoFundMe (2019 winter holiday promotion fee is 1.9% + $0.30) by clicking on the Donate button above. This table shows some examples (using “non-profit” GoFundMe transaction processing fees):
You can donate using a credit card on PayPal (fee is 2.2% + $0.30) by clicking on the Donate button above. This table shows some examples (using “non-profit” PayPal transaction processing fees):
If you would like your donation to go to a specific project of the Ritual Art Troupe, such as Orchestra of the Moon, The Opus Project, Theatre Makers Meetup, or True of Voice, please write the project name on the memo line of your check or, after you click on the Donate button above, type in the project name “If restricted, please specify project:” field.
If you would like to receive a receipt for your donation, please include a note with your legal name (used with the IRS) and email address.
If you would like to be recognized as a donor on our website, please email us giving us permission to do so and specifying the name under which you would like to be recognized. And please send lots of good energy to the folks on our donor list.
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by U.S. law as indicated by our IRS 501c3 tax exemption letter.
The Internal Revenue Service has granted 501c3 tax-exempt status to Ritual Art Troupe. Here is our tax-exemption letter.