Please support community-based revolutionary theatre and include Ritual Art Troupe and the Theatre Makers project in your giving this season!
Summary: Donate to our “20/20 Play Library Tour” crowdfundraiser We reached our initial goal for January 1, 2020. Now, we are trying to raise funds for the actors’ and stage manager expenses by the end of February 2020.
Ritual Art Troupe has accomplished a lot recently– you may have experienced some of our shows!
- You Too: a play about the #metoo movement with 3 performances in Fremont and Oakland in partnership with local domestic violence prevention nonprofits Narika and SAVE (November 2019)
- 20/20: a play speculating about the re-election of the President where the audience chooses from eight scenarios to complete the action with 4 performances (with a Sold-Out Opening Night award) at the San Francisco Fringe Festival (September 2019)
- Animal Factory Farm and Ecopocalypse: plays addressing climate change in 4 performances as part of the global Rise for Climate in San Francisco (September 2018)
- Regular Playwrights Circle meetings where playwrights share new work and receive constructive criticism (SF Bay Area)
- Theatre Makers Mixers where everyone who co-creates theatre is welcome to come socialize (SF Bay Area)
- Orchestra of the Moon and Rag on a Stick Puppet Theatre performances (Portland, OR)
Ritual Art Troupe has beautiful plans for the upcoming year:
- “20/20 Play Library Tour” offering the 20/20 play to new audiences for free at local public library branches… please contribute to make this possible at https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/2020-play-free-library-tour
- Where We Love play chronicling the stories of LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum seekers in English and also as Donde Amamos in Spanish (recipient of a CA$H Performs grant with performances slated for Queer Freedom month in June 2020 and community partners Rainbow Street, Russian LGBT Network, and AsylumConnect)
- “SPEEC Play Reading Series” for casual readings of historic plays with social, political, economic, and environmental change (SPEEC) themes (SF Bay Area throughout 2020)
- Regular Playwrights Circle meetings and Theatre Makers Mixers (SF Bay Area throughout 2020)
- Other projects — including an opera! — TBA
The Theatre Makers Project provides common ground for diverse communities to collaborate on, incubate, and stage both newly created and historically relevant audience-participatory plays based on social, political, economic, and environmental change (SPEEC) themes. Theatre Makers is a project of the nonprofit Ritual Art Troupe, fostering and developing inclusive, participatory, and community-based arts.
Or if you prefer, you can donate with a check or to other projects of the Ritual Art Troupe.
Theatre Makers Co-Founder
Ritual Art Troupe