Update: As of November 30, 2019, we are at 23% of our initial fundraising goal!
Please support community-based revolutionary theatre and include Ritual Art Troupe and the Theatre Makers project in your giving this season!
Ritual Art Troupe has accomplished a lot recently– you may have experienced some of our shows!
- You Too: a play about the #metoo movement with 3 performances in Fremont and Oakland in partnership with local domestic violence prevention nonprofits Narika and SAVE (November 2019)
- 20/20: a play speculating about the re-election of the President where the audience chooses from eight scenarios to complete the action with 4 performances (with a Sold-Out Opening Night award) at the San Francisco Fringe Festival (September 2019)
- Animal Factory Farm and Ecopocalypse: plays addressing climate change in 4 performances as part of the global Rise for Climate in San Francisco (September 2018)
- Regular Playwrights Circle meetings where playwrights share new work and receive constructive criticism (SF Bay Area)
- Theatre Makers Mixers where everyone who co-creates theatre is welcome to come socialize (SF Bay Area)
- Orchestra of the Moon and Rag on a Stick Puppet Theatre performances (Portland, OR)
Ritual Art Troupe has beautiful plans for the upcoming year:
- “20/20 Play Library Tour” offering the 20/20 play to new audiences for free at local public library branches… please contribute to make this possible at https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/2020-play-free-library-tour
- Where We Love play chronicling the stories of LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum seekers in English and also as Donde Amamos in Spanish (recipient of a CA$H Performs grant with performances slated for Queer Freedom month in June 2020 and community partner Rainbow Street)
- “SPEEC Play Reading Series” for casual readings of historic plays with social, political, economic, and environmental change (SPEEC) themes (SF Bay Area throughout 2020)
- Regular Playwrights Circle meetings and Theatre Makers Mixers (SF Bay Area throughout 2020)
- Other projects — including an opera! — TBA
The Theatre Makers Project provides common ground for diverse communities to collaborate on, incubate, and stage both newly created and historically relevant audience-participatory plays based on social, political, economic, and environmental change (SPEEC) themes. Theatre Makers is a project of the nonprofit Ritual Art Troupe, fostering and developing inclusive, participatory, and community-based arts.
Or if you prefer, you can donate with a check or to other projects of the Ritual Art Troupe.
Theatre Makers Co-Founder
Ritual Art Troupe