Subject: “20/20” Play Stage Manager (Deadline: June 15, extended to June 22)
Position:Stage Manager. Seeking a detail-oriented person with a good sense of timing who can wrangle a diverse cast of cats (actors, crew, and props) to co-create an amazing theatrical production. Both established and aspiring stage managers welcome to apply.
Play: “20/20” by Kari Barclay and Stardust Doherty
Synopsis: It’s 2020. The President has been re-elected, the climate is heating up, the economy in meltdown. In this satirical participatory performance, audience members choose the scenarios to stage: impeachment? a coup? a revolution? “20/20” asks what people power looks like in a time of vast uncertainty when even choosing to do nothing has consequences.
Artistic Director: Stardust Doherty
- Stage Manager, Tech Director, Set Designer, Prop Designer, Costume Designer, Marketing Manager, Logistics Manager, Videographer, Graphic Designer, Painters, Builders, Makers, Movers, Shakers
Compensation: Probably not
Performances: at least four, as part of the San Francisco Fringe Festival at the EXIT Theatre, 156 Eddy St, San Francisco
- 6pm-8pm on Saturday, September 7, 2019
- 1:30pm-3:30pm on Sunday, September 8, 2019
- 8pm-10pm on Thursday, September 11, 2019
- 4:30pm-6:30pm on Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Additional performances possible at other venues, depending on audience demand
Commitment: to be finalized with input from cast and crew, but perhaps something like twice weekly from July 9 to September 6, 2019, in San Francisco
- 7pm-10pm Tuesdays, and
- 3pm-7pm Saturdays (and earlier on Saturdays for set, costume, and prop construction)
- Plus one tech rehearsal September 1-4 at the EXIT Theatre, 156 Eddy St, San Francisco
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with name, stage managent experience, and availability for performance and rehearsal dates/times.
- Appointment Deadline: Friday, June 15 (extended to June 22)
- Appointments Available: flexible starting immediately
Show Website: http://ritualart.org/2020/
Tickets: $13 in person ($15.99 online tickets at https://20-20.brownpapertickets.com). Advanced purchase recommended due to limited seating.
Box Office: 415-673-3847 (for show information)
Company: Theatre Makers provides a common ground for those interested in dramatic and musical theatre, professional and amateur theater, commercial and non-profit theatre, including non-traditional theatrical events (performance art, pop-up theater, home theater, street theater, puppet shows, etc.) with activities including, for example:
- Discussions of all aspects of theatre creation and production
- Exchanging information on opportunities available
- Collaboration on incubating audience participatory plays and musicals based on social, political, economic, and environmental change (SPEEC) themes
- Workshops of plays and musicals under development
- Readings and staged readings of plays and musicals for educational and motivational purposes
This group particularly fosters events that are inclusive and affirming of people based on class, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, age, etc.
Company Website: http://ritualart.org/theatremakers/
Posting Updates: http://ritualart.org/wordpress/?p=768
Please share this notice with anyone who might be interested.